Sunday 21 August 2011

Quilter's Academy - Lesson 130 Complete

Finished my version of Harriet's Woodland Winter......


Not sure yet what I will call it......"Critters Abound"....maybe??

This quilt top should have been a very simple project???  Famous last words.....

When I took the workshop with Harriet she covered the material in the first lessons of her book orally then we went on to work on the Town Square top...but she strongly suggested we go back and work through the first lessons and I am so glad I did.   All was well when I started out....seam allowance was right on on my test piece....I had set it up using the Perfect Piecing Seam Guide and used a barrier seam guide with masking tape.  Somewhere in the midst of sewing the blocks into rows the barrier loosen a bit and moved a slight bit!!  So I had a few wonky seams before I realized this and I had to do a little unsewing........an easy fix on this simple pattern...however I am glad I learnt to keep an eye out for this now...could have been a huge mess on a more complicated pattern.   Lesson learned!!

Triple Rail Fence comes next......but first I have a baby quilt top that I did before I took the workshops......baby is due in less than a month......so I will be practising my machine quilting before I move on with the Quilters Academy!




4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Great job! I like seeing how everyone's color schemes for the QA quilts come out.

Cheers, K

Myra said...

Looking great Barb! Was nice seeing you at MPQ last night! I rejoined last night...

Becky said...

So fun to see what you are doing with patterns and fabrics. Hoping to connect you to Heather Paence Designs. She gathered 60 of us on Facebook for a mystery quilt along. Some from Saudi Arabia, Perth Australia, Mexico, Canada. Mot fun I've had with fb. Small fee goes usually to someone struggling with payments for cancer treatment.

Hope to connect with you on fb and see your work in Heather's next quilt along.

I will email you my mystery quilt pic

I do like blogging, don't ou?

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt, that hexie down below is just awesome!