Sunday 14 August 2011

Hexagon Table Topper

Some time ago I decided to try English Paper Piecing and before I knew it I was hooked.   Making hexagons is a great take along project......or sometimes I just don't feel like sitting in front of my machine so I will do a few hexagons instead. 

I have finished piecing this tabletopper.....now I have to sandwich and quilt it.  Seeing as it is all handpieced it almost seems mandatory to handquilt??  Or do some machine quilt??  I may have to browse and see if I can find some EPP blogs and see what others are doing?

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wowie! This is fantastic!!

Barb said...

Thanks so much Maryann.....glad you stopped by!

SewCalGal said...

Barb, beautiful table topper. I love EPP.

Couldn't email you after you left a comment on my blog as your settings are as a no reply blogger. Check out the page on my blog labeled "giveaways" as I have tips and screen shots on how to change your settings, which are probably at google default status.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Linda Coleman said...

Hi Barb
if you check out Lily Quilts website, she has a Hex A Long going on. It's http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/. It's also on Flickr with lots of photos.
LindaC

Barb said...

Hi Linda....thanks for stopping by and thank you for the information....I will definitely check it out.

Beth said...

Your table topper is beautiful. I love to do hand applique, but just don't think I would have the patience to do something with hexagons.

Myra said...

Thought I recognized this project!!! lol! 8-)