Sunday 7 August 2011

Baby Quilts


Here are the Baby Quilts that I made for my niece's twins, Anna and Aidan.    They were made with the "Warm Wishes" Quilt Pattern that I found online.    Very simple pattern.....great for a beginner and they worked up pretty quickly!!  Overall I was happy with the results......my first two "finished" quilts!!
I made them with all flannel fabrics from the Northcott "Emma and Ethan" fabric line.   Used Warm & Natural Quilt batting and did simple ditch quilting......it would be sometime before I would try Free Motion Quilting.....it scared me to death!!   I was told to use the Warm and Natural batting.....but I wasn't really happy with it.......made the quilts very stiff.  I have since found that there are better choices that are easier to quilt with!!  But live and learn.  They worked well for laying on the bottom of the playpen or on the floor.......what I had envisioned was a "cuddly" quilt......  Also decided that I would not choose really "baby" fabrics again......the baby stage passes so quickly.....so I think Brights would be a better fabric choice in future!

No comments: